All children need daily support and guidance. However, some children are marked by more serious struggles and may require professional help from outside the family. It is never too late to reach out for help. Early intervention may reduce the damage that problems or acting-out behavior might cause.
Watch for these…
Indications that Your Child May Need Professional Help:
- Large amounts of time spent alone, and/or isolation from family and friends
- A change to poor school performance
- Mood swings, changes in behavior, or acting-out behavior
- Changes in your child’s peer group or separation from long-time friends
- Lack of interest in hobbies or social and recreational activities
For more details visit: http://www.ncfy.com/supporti.htm
Tip to Engage Family Member’s:
Hold a weekly family meeting on a weekend evening that includes fun food, planning meals and grocery needs, activities to be added to the family calendar and conversation about the week past and the one to come.